Target Price this month – MPVs
This month’s Analysis of new car incentives among MPVs
• The average cash Target Price discount has continued to fall across the MPV segment and is currently 9% or £2978 per car.
• Manufacturer finance-based support has also been reduced, with the average APR up slightly to 4.3% and the average finance deposit contribution per car down by £110 to £770. This data indicates that consumer demand for MPVs is continuing to decline across many models within the segment.
• Rather than try to stimulate increased sales with higher discounts and more generous finance offers, dealers and manufacturers appear happy to take whatever MPV deals come their way and focus their efforts on selling more desirable and in-demand models.
• Citroen’s recent move to restrict its typically high cash discounts to stock vehicles has also helped to depress the typical cash Target Price savings available on factory-ordered variants.
• It is not all bad news for MPV buyers, though, because a few models are available to buy with a substantial cash saving. A 19.1% (£5967 per car) discount is typically available on Volkswagen Sharan versions, Renault buyers can expect to haggle a 15.3% (£4019) saving on Grand Scenic models, while Ford dealers are happy to shift Galaxy and S-MAX variants at an average saving of 11.4% (£4141 per car).
• Ford is offering the best PCP finance APR, with 0% APR offers on Galaxy, S-MAX and Tourneo Connect models, while Volkswagen is offering the best average finance deposit contributions, at £3655 on Sharan models.
For further insight from whatcar.com’s unique website data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org